A Letter from Pastor Mark - January



Dear Friends,
I want to thank you for the many expressions of sympathy that you extended to me and my wife Susan on the death of my mother.  The many cards and kind words that you offered     during this time were a great source of peace and comfort for Susan and me.
Additionally, I want to thank you for your concern for me during and after my recent surgery.  For those who might not know, I had surgery on my left arm.  I have experienced some nerve damage in my wrist and in my elbow.  Surgery in both of those areas was performed to,    hopefully, correct the problem. Presently, I haven’t had my follow-up visit with the surgeon so I’m not quite sure what the prognosis is regarding the success of the surgery.  I am prayerfully hopeful because prior to the surgery I was losing the feeling and strength in my left hand and arm.  Again, the cards and kind words, as well as prayers were comforting.  It is a great thing to be a part of a loving and caring church family.
I also want to thank everyone for the remembrances and gifts of appreciation that I received for Pastor Appreciation and at Christmas.  You are very Thoughtful

As we enter this new year (Can you believe that we are beginning the 17th year of the 21st     century? It seems like yesterday that we were hearing about all the concerns associated with the Y2K issue.)  it is my hope and prayer that God through Jesus Christ will pour out many blessing upon each of you.  It is also my prayer that God will guide and strengthen you so that you will take the steps that are necessary to make 2017 a year of incredible spiritual growth.  Let us go forward to grow in the grace and love of Jesus Christ.

Have a happy and blessed New Year!

In Christ’s Abundant Love,

Pastor Mark


Popular posts from this blog

A Letter from Pastor Chris

ATTENTION HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS

SOUTHPORT UNITED METHODIST YOUTH GROUP