From the Leadership Team - April
Greetings from the SUMC Leadership Team! Last month Peggy Boyll, the 2019 Chair of the team, gave a great overview of the structure of the team and introduced herself. This month I’d like to share a little more about the team as well as a little about me. My faith journey has taken many twists and turns through the years. A little over three years ago, God led my husband Phil and I to SUMC. I remember hearing about a “leadership team” shortly after we started attending worship here but had no idea who they were and what they did. I’ve now learned that there is an “Accountability Leadership Structure” document that defines the Leadership Team, as well as what the foci (am I the only one who didn’t know this is the plural of “focus”?) of the team is supposed to be. The first focus is connecting with Christ, and the second focus is connecting with people. That’s YOU – each and every one of the family of Christ and SUMC. S...
