Riding the Whirlwind Greetings, sisters and brothers in Christ here at Southport UMC! Whew, I’m just catching my breath here. The world has changed in the past couple of months and I’m barely keeping up. Our move to the south side has not been without incident or struggle, but thanks to a variety of helpers that I don’t risk naming (mostly for fear of missing someone) we are here, we are home, we are settling. “Settling,” notice, it’s a process. Just like most of life. My biggest joy has been spending time with your wonderful staff. As Lead Pastor I guess I could call them my staff. But really they work for and represent you. And you are indeed blessed. They are a committed, creative, hardworking, and simply enjoyable team of servants. I am honored to work with them. They have been extraordinarily patient with me on my steep learning curve, and I am grateful for that. In ...