We are fast approaching Holy Week and the celebration of Easter. I want to encourage you to attend all of the special services from Palm Sunday to Easter. If you have never attended these services I believe it will add immensely to your Easter celebration. Participation in these services presents the entire picture of the salvation that Jesus provided for each of us.
I want to remind you of the worship opportunities that are a part of the Easter season.
· We start with remembering Jesus’ triumphal entry into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday. April 6 & 9 is when we focus on this event. We will finish the Discipleship Handbook series this week and we will have a special emphasis on the original events of Palm Sunday. Palm Sunday services are on Thursday, April 6 at 6 pm and Sunday, April 9 at 8:30, 10:00 and 11:15 a.m.
· On April 13 at 6 p.m. we will have our first service of Easter. The weekly Thursday evening worship will focus on celebrating Christ’s resurrection. The message that day will center on how Christ’s death and resurrection provided for our salvation.
· On Maundy Thursday, April 13 at 7:30 pm we will commemorate Jesus’ last meal with his disciples. We will remember what transpired in the Upper Room that evening and we will participate in the sacrament of Holy Communion. We will also take time to reflect on Jesus’ ordeal in the Garden of Gethsemane.
· On Good Friday, April 14 at 7:00p.m. we will reflect on the suffering of Jesus through his crucifixion. We will follow Jesus passion and crucifixion through scripture, meditation, music and video. This service sets the stage for the wonderful miracle of the resurrection.
· On Sunday, April 16 we will have the three remaining services of Easter. At 8:30 we will have the traditional Easter service, at 10:00 and 11:15 we will celebrate the resurrection in the two contemporary services. The music and the various components of all the services will focus on Christ’s victory over sin and death. The message will help us to remember that Christ’s death and resurrection resulted in our salvation.
I want to also encourage you to extend invitations to family, friends and neighbors to attend these services. Let’s make Holy Week and Easter 2016 the most meaningful ever.
In Christ’s Abundant Love,