We are all on a Journey



We are all on a journey.  Our journey as followers of Jesus Christ is related to transformation.  We are on a journey as we are transformed into Christlikeness.          (As Paul said, we won’t ever reach the goal in this life, but nonetheless, we press on.)

So, to help us on our journey, starting in 2014, we will be starting the Journey Groups program.  Journey Groups are:
Short-term studies, lasting from 6 – 12 weeks.
Journey Groups will occur in three semesters throughout the year.
Journey Groups are studies that will help us grow in our faith in Christ, grow our relationship with Christ, and help us learn to be disciples who can make more disciples.
Participation in Journey Groups will help us all grow toward Christlikeness.
There will be several different Journey Groups to choose from each semester.
Journey Groups are for EVERYONE.

You will hear more about Journey Groups in December and January.  Journey Groups will start in February 2014.

We hope EVERYONE will decide to continue on your personal journeys toward Christlikeness in 2014 and beyond.

Remember what Paul said:
12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus                      (Philippians 3:12-14 NIV)

I pray that everyone would continue to “press on” in individual journeys as well as the collective journey of the Body of Christ here at Southport United Methodist Church.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter from Pastor Chris

ATTENTION HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS

SOUTHPORT UNITED METHODIST YOUTH GROUP