Food Drive News



The March/April Food Drive was a success!!!  Thank you to all who donated food and transported the food to Fletcher Place Food Pantry.   Boy Scout Troop 39 and Pack 134 are such a joy to work beside for this food drive.  We have made a difference in the lives of many people with your service and donations.

Also thank you for all who shopped at Meijer and helped donate to Hunger, Inc.  We are supporting our community with needed food. The “Spring Simply Give” campaign benefitting Hunger, Inc. continues through May 11. Shop at the Meijer on Southport Road and make a $10 donation and Meijer will match it in full.

Remember that we will continue to collect food items for Hunger, Inc. each month, on Communion Thursday and Sunday   "We come to be fed and we feed others."  Our next collection is canned vegetables on Thursday, April 30, and Sunday, May 3. 
Something New: We are starting this collection with a notebook for you to record your name when you donate.  This will allow us to celebrate how many are participating in our Food Drive Ministry.  Please write your name in the notebook located on the table next to the food collection tub. 

Matthew 25:35-36 identifies the service we are to do here on earth.  "I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you  welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me."  We are responding to those who are in need and being  obedient to Jesus’ invitation to serve others. 
With the success of our various food drives, additional help in delivering the donations to the food pantries is appreciated and another opportunity to serve others.  Contact the church office, 784-9508, for more information.

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter from Pastor Chris

ATTENTION HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS

SOUTHPORT UNITED METHODIST YOUTH GROUP