“I WAS A STRANGER AND YOU WELCOMED ME…”

We focus on specific parts of Matthew 25: 35-46 with these verses:
“….I was hungry and you gave me food,” – Food Drive Ministry, God’s Will Breakfast, Ronald McDonald House Ministries, Jubilee Christmas
“I was naked and you gave me clothing,” – Interfaith Hospitality Network (IHN) Clothing Collections, Jubilee Christmas
“I was in prison and you visited me.” – Kairos Prison Ministry
“I was sick and you took care of me,” – Blood Drives, Ronald McDonald House Ministries
“I was a stranger and you welcomed me.” – ALL Ministries, 
Jesus said the greatest commandment is to love God and love neighbor. To obey His commandment we can’t separate the two.





“I WAS A STRANGER AND YOU WELCOMED ME…” HOSPITALITY

HOSPITALITY is defined in the dictionary as: the friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests, visitor or strangers.
However Christian hospitality must become an active desire in each of us to invite, welcome, receive and care for those who may be strangers so that they have the opportunity to discover for themselves the unending love and fullness of life in Christ.
Hospitality is not just something we offer or do. It is a characteristic of Christian discipleship.
Our Ministry of Hospitality includes greeting, ushering, preparing food and refreshments through coffee fellowship and community meals. Love God and love others, welcome, receive and care for guests, visitors, and strangers who are looking for and needing the fullness of a life in Christ.
We ask, “Lord, when did we see you hungry, thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, sick, or in prison and take care of you?” He answers, “Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.” 


Popular posts from this blog

A Letter from Pastor Chris

ATTENTION HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS

SOUTHPORT UNITED METHODIST YOUTH GROUP