Financials




Today is a Saturday, and the church building is closed, so I thought I would come in and get caught up on a few things including writing this article.  Should be a quiet day, right?
Wait, something smells good, what could it be?   The church is closed today…  There is a whole team of people in the kitchen setting up and prepping for the community meal tomorrow.  Did you know the meal they served us last month they put together for only about $1.28 per plate (that’s assuming the people who ate two meals, like me, offset the people that didn’t eat a meal)!
Anyway, back to the article, should be nice and quiet, the church is closed today…  Someone just poked their head into my office.  They were helping with the community meal, but they know we have some rooms that need painted, so they were wondering if I needed some help with that (I guess painting is better than peeling potatoes).  I am not one to turn down free labor, so a ’painting we a ‘go!  Due to the help of a number of servants this is the last two walls of four childcare rooms we have painted in the west wing.  I sure am glad they all decided to help paint, it saved the church a ton of money.  We only spent $271 on paint, and have enough left for another room or two.
Ok, back to this article, peace and quiet, after all, the church is closed today…  What is that noise?  I hear music.  It turns out one of our musicians is in the sanctuary practicing.  You know we have a number of talented people that lead us in worship.  They put so many hours in to make sure they are ready to lead us in praise on Sundays and Thursdays.
Time to head back to the office, but I hear someone up in the east wing.  Who could that be?  The church is closed today… Oh, it is a group of folks setting up for Interfaith Hospitality Network.  A number of you serve by staying in the building overnight, cooking, and driving for the homeess families that we invite to stay with us.
Alright, this is it, I am writing this article now.  The church is closed today, no one to bug me…  Wait, I just got a text message.  Someone is coming by to help install the new ice maker in the kitchen.  Well, I guess I better go see if they need any help.  I will have to write this article some other day.
I am thankful for so many people giving of your time and talent and utilizing your financial gifts, even on a day the church is closed.
Brandon



Popular posts from this blog

A Letter from Pastor Chris

ATTENTION HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS

SOUTHPORT UNITED METHODIST YOUTH GROUP