DISCIPLES SERVE


35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ 40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’  Matthew 25:35-40
“I was hungry and thirsty….” 
God’s Will Breakfast serving families and individuals in the Fountain Square and downtown area
Ronald McDonald House and RMH in Riley Hospital serving families of seriously ill children
Interfaith Hospitality Network Families who are homeless
Jubilee Families who struggle financially
Food Drives to supply community pantries who feed the hungry
“I was a stranger….”
Hospitality Teams welcoming guests and offering an attitude of openness and acceptance to everyone
IHN Families, RMH Families, Jubilee Families
Kairos ministering to incarcerated men and women
Food Drives
“I needed clothes….”
IHN families, Jubilee families
“I was sick….”
Blood Drive giving the gift of life for all persons in life-threatening situations
RMH families, Food Drives
“I was in prison….”
Kairos Prison Ministry
Grace, Mercy and Love = ALL of the above!

DISCIPLESHIP - The important difference for disciples is that we are not only called to learn the teachings of Jesus Christ (GROW), we are also called to live them (SERVE). When we make our initial statement of faith and ask Christ to be our Savior, He will begin changing us from the inside, giving us the ability to understand His word and the desire to live it and start loving other people through action.
Southport UMC offers many ways to SERVE within the church and in the community, near and far. Some options are monthly while others are short term and all are focused on blessing others so they may feel Jesus’ love by our actions. 
Please choose to SERVE and explore how God is calling you to be the hands and feet of Jesus now.  For additional information you will find the SERVE Ministries brochures at Guest Services in the Gathering Place, and you can contact the church office, 317 784-9508 or email sherry@sumc.org

Popular posts from this blog

ATTENTION HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS

A Letter from Pastor Chris

SOUTHPORT UNITED METHODIST YOUTH GROUP