A Letter from Pastor Derek - June


Blest Be the Tie

I won’t go into all the ways that God is helping all of us seize this moment and to live into the kingdom future that God has in store for us all.  Mostly because I don’t know all of them.  But I trust that God’s hand is upon us, working to bring to fruition the mission and ministry we all strive to fulfill.  I am excited about what Pastor Duane will bring to the community of faith and know that he has needed gifts for the church for such a time as this.  I am not worried about you or about me, since I know that God’s got this!
So instead, let me simply say thank you.  Thank you for the privilege of serving as your pastor for these two years.  Thank you for the ways that you have responded to my ministry, in worship and Bible study, but also continuing to be active in mission in our wider community.  I know I didn’t create these ministries; they were here long before I arrived.  But as your pastor, I was pleased to see so many in the church carrying out the mission to make disciples by providing care in various ways to many around us. 
I also want to publically thank the staff of Southport UMC with whom it was my great privilege to work for these wonderful years.  Your staff, my staff, the SUMC staff are creative and energetic, they are caring and committed individuals who consistently amazed me with their dedication and team spirit.   Please give them the honor and respect they deserve as they continue to serve the Lord and you.

There will be occasions for saying much more in terms of what I want to leave with you as I depart this month, please plan to join with your family in worship as we explore some “Essential Truths.”  But for now, I want to bless each of you and all of you because you have blessed me.  God is doing amazing things here in Southport, and I know more is on the horizon.  Keep the faith.
Shalom,
Pastor Derek 


Popular posts from this blog

A Letter from Pastor Chris

ATTENTION HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS

SOUTHPORT UNITED METHODIST YOUTH GROUP